Five Tips To Modernise Your Conservatory
Maybe it’s the sound the plastic conservatory roof makes in the rain? Maybe it’s the overpowering, uncomfortable heat during the summer? For whatever reason we often find that homeowners struggle to enjoy their old conservatories, especially if it has a polycarbonate roof. Read our top five tips for modernising your conservatory and create a space you can enjoy all year round.
1.) Find Inspiration For Your Conservatory Renovation Design
The easiest place to begin is by finding conservatory designs which you like. Whether you’re looking for conservatory design ideas from traditional to modern, or looking to find the ultimate conservatory designs for a bungalow, all conservatory renovations begin by finding inspiration. In its current form, it may be difficult to see your old conservatory as a place you don’t dislike, however, modern conservatory technology can work wonders for any home.
How To Find Inspiration for Conservatory Designs in Lancashire
Request a free brochure; Ultraframe UK can email or post you brochures for any bespoke conservatory design. From replacement conservatory roofs, to aluminum conservatory frames we have conservatory images and advice for anyone looking to replace an existing conservatory.
Visit a Conservatory Showroom; Finding a conservatory showroom in Lancashire is not a difficult task. In our Clitheroe based showroom, we have conservatory designs and ideas as well as Ultraframe conservatory consultants to help you make the right choice for your home.
Find Conservatory Pictures Online; Probably the first port of call for most homeowners, the internet is full of conservatory renovation ideas right at your fingertips. You could build a conservatory inspiration board on Pinterest, or read various conservatory design blogs. Gathering first hand knowledge and conservatory design ideas is the perfect way to begin your home renovation.
2.) Consider Replacing Your Conservatory Roof With A Solid Roof
Perhaps the best answer when asking how to modernise your conservatory. A replacement conservatory solid roof design is the most surefire way of improving an older conservatory. The solid conservatory roofs by Ultraframe aim to transform cold conservatory spaces into something which feels like a single story extension. If you’re still looking for a sun room style extension, a solid conservatory roof can be installed with any number of conservatory skylights which help to capture the sun in your conservatory, without loosing or gaining too much heat.
Benefits of a solid conservatory roof
Full Extension Feeling – With lower U-Values than any other conservatory extension, a solid roof conservatory truly is a space you can use all year round.
Choice of Conservatory Exterior Design – A glass conservatory will always look like a glass conservatory. However a solid roof can capture a full extension design with a tiled conservatory roof design, or keep it traditional with Ultraframes market leading Livinroof extension.
Fit For Any Purpose – Maybe you want an extension which has more functional capabilities? A solid roof conservatory can be used as a kitchen or dining room extension as well as providing much needed additional living space.
3.) Replace Polycarbonate Conservatory Roof With Glass
Possibly the most common conservatory upgrade, a new glass conservatory roof system makes a big difference when renovating a conservatory. During the 80’s and 90’s polycarbonate conservatory roofs were all the rage. However conservatory technology has simply moved beyond plastic roofs. Whilst polycarbonate conservatory prices are relatively low, you’re left with a barely usable home extension which incurs expensive conservatory heating costs. In 2018 there’s simply no need to pay for a house extension which is expensive to heat and uncomfortable. That’s where Smartglass comes in.
- Heat Retentive; Smartglass is a new conservatory roofing glass which is designed to reflect heat. Of course this means that the conservatory won’t get too hot during the summer. It also means that heat you generate inside your glass conservatory extension remains inside the conservatory. So in effect, if you use conservatory heaters or underfloor heating options, that money isn’t wasted by poor thermal efficiency.
- Self-Cleaning; Smartglass uses the suns rays to gently remove dust and debris from the glass conservatory roofs surface. This doesn’t mean that the conservatory roof requires no maintenance, it means that it requires significantly less.
- Customisable; Smartglass conservatory roofs are available in a range of four colours. It’s also compatible with both uPVC and aluminum conservatory roof frames, which in themselves are available in over 200 RAL colours and finishes.
4.) Replace Your Conservatory With An Orangery
Orangery designs are becoming increasingly popular conservatory renovations in Lancashire. Whilst there’s some confusion over the differences between an orangery and a conservatory, for the most part, homeowners tend to enjoy the sense of luxury and privacy an orangery extension achieves. A bespoke orangery is the perfect way to modernise your conservatory. Coupled with an orangery style roof lantern, the partially solid home extension is the perfect choice to modernise your conservatory.
Creating The Perfect Orangery Design
- Ultrasky by Ultraframe; The Ultrasky Orangery roof lantern is perhaps the best choice for orangery roof installations or conservatory to orangery renovations. As with our glass conservatory roofs the Ultrasky Lantern uses Smartglass to achieve the best results possible.
- Super Insulated Columns; Although we can use your homes existing brickwork in your orangery extension, Super Insulated Columns are a much more superior choice for creating a stunning orangery design. Not only do they modernise your conservatory, but they also are five times for efficient than bricks and faster to install.
- Internal Lighting Pelmet; Whilst an insulated lighting pelmet is optional, more often than not we install them in conservatory to orangery renovations. Sitting round the parameter of the orangery roof lantern, an internal lighting pelmet is a modern stylish solution to brightening up your orangery.
5.) Replacement Conservatory Doors
Replacement conservatory doors are not the most exciting way to modernise your conservatory, however it’s surprising how much of a difference new patio doors can make when trying to improve an existing conservatory. If you’re choosing a new colour scheme for your existing conservatory, our bespoke conservatory patio doors can be made to match, with both uPVC and aluminum frames available. The glazed panels in your new conservatory doors will be rated A+ and will make some difference in the ambient temperature of your conservatory.
Types Of New Conservatory Patio Doors
- Classic French Conservatory Doors; Classic french doors are common installations in conservatory renovations. Simple and stylish, our French patio doors are secure by design and easy to install.
- Modern Sliding Patio Doors; Sliding conservatory doors are a useful space saving option for smaller conservatory extensions. As with all our conservatory doors, sliding patio doors are installed with high quality double glazing to ensure they perform to your expectations.
- Folding Conservatory Doors; Folding doors are a great way to open up a conservatory to a garden. With 2-7 folding door panes available, folding patio doors can be tailored to suit conservatories of any size.
Need Help To Modernise Your Conservatory?
Visit our showroom in Clitheroe for full modern conservatory demonstrations. We have Ultraframe consultants on hand to provide you with expert knowledge when considering a conservatory renovation. Find the directions below.